The final awards ceremony was held for SPI clients from North Ayrshire recently to reward them for their participation and hard work. Once again these businesses...
Welcome to SPI
- About SPI
- Hot Topics
- Circular Economy – The Key to Sustainable Business
- Smart Moves to Make a Difference
- Packaging & Plastics
- Preparing Your Business for the Green Economy
- Product Carbon Footprinting
- Sustainable Business and the Triple Bottom Line – A Definition
- Sustainable Procurement
- Case Studies
- Contact Us
- Business Events Archive
Sustainable Process Improvement was a fully funded programme of support for small and medium sized businesses that want to reduce their costs, stay competitive, and meet current environmental legislation such as the new Scottish waste regulation. It ran from April 2012 to April 2015 and is now closed.
Delivered by the Crichton Carbon Centre, Sustainable Process Improvement programme worked with businesses to review their operations, identifying opportunities for implementing or improving resource efficiency business practice.
SPI Results Hot Off Press!!
May 2015 saw the close of the SPI programme but the start of the overarching results analysis. The results make very good reading for participant businesses, showing huge improvements in carbon profile and sustainable cost reductions.
- Carbon emissions were reduced by almost 0.95 kilotonne carbon dioxide equivalent (ktCO2e) ±20% in a year duration, almost twice all flights in and out of Europe in one day
- Businesses saved £362k ±20% in a year duration, comparing very favourably with the target of £20,000 over three years
- These cost savings allowed creation or safeguarding of employment within participating businesses
- The progarmme was named best practice for sustainable business in Scotland’s National Reform Programme
- It was suggested to shift businesses towards the optimum business type in the Parker model of sustainable business. The Advantage Driven type meet financial goals through the setting of longer term environmental objectives.
The full report can be accessed SPI Report.
The following businesses went through the SPI programme:
Businesses in Dumfries and Galloway and surrounding areas are invited to attend an evening of resource efficiency advice and VIBES sustainable business awards information...
A second awards ceremony has been held for SPI clients from West Dunbartonshire recently to reward them for their efforts. Once again these businesses have gone...
A host of SPI clients from Dumfries and Galloway have been rewarded for their resource efficiency efforts at a recent end of SPI awards bash. These businesses...
SPI clients Galloway Lodge, Senwick House and the Urr Valley House Hotel have received recognition in the Galloway Gazette for their moves to become more sustainable....